Shelter Care & Maintenance
IMPORTANT! Read this information before using your E-Z UP® Instant Shelter®. It is the user’s responsibility to take the following precautions at all times.
- Always stake or weigh down your shelter. Use with caution in any potentially windy or rainy weather. Wind and rain can damage the E-Z UP® Instant Shelter® product and may also result in injury to you or others. Therefore, do not rely on shelter for protection in heavy or prolonged rain storms or in windy conditions.
- The E-Z UP® Instant Shelter® product is designed as a temporary shelter. Do not leave up for extended periods.
- Use caution when handling the E-Z UP® folding frame. Avoid pinching hands or fingers as frame opens or closes.
- Do not ever use the shelter in a lightning storm.
- Do not leave your E-Z UP® Instant Shelter® product unattended.
- Do not build fires within shelter enclosure.
For long lasting durability and the best possible protection for your E-Z UP® Instant Shelter® products, follow these E-Z care and maintenance instructions:
- Use a mild soap (not detergent) and plenty of clean cool water for top cleaning and rinsing. Open the shelter to expose the fabric, pre-rinse, and then use a soft brush with soap and gently scrub the fabric . Rinse thoroughly and allow the Shelter to air dry completely prior to covering and storing. Do not put in a clothes dryer.
- Frame will operate and look better if occasionally wiped with silicone spray, especially before and after use in damp conditions. Remove excess silicone residue before re-attaching top.
- Use a seam sealer if top leaks or drips water, available at most sporting goods and hardware stores.
- Slightly tighten bolts if frame becomes loose, at 6 inch/lbs.
Canada Wide Toll Free